Seizure Monitoring Center
Up to 30% of the patients diagnosed with seizures may not actually have seizures. They may have a condition that mimics seizures.
Video EEG monitoring is the “Gold Standard” test. It will help your provider determine a final diagnosis.
The Seizure Monitoring Center is located in our Beavercreek office at 2510 Commons Blvd.
How does it work?
- The patient will come to the DCND monitoring unit where an EEG will be performed recording brain activity. This could take up to a few days.
- Each room is equipped with a video camera that will capture the patient’s episodes. The EEG wires attached to the head will also be recording data. All of the data is projected onto screens for a health professional to monitor 24/7.
- The information will help determine the location of the seizure/abnormality and best treatment option.
Is it comfortable?
- Yes! While patients are being monitored, they can relax in their own private room where they will have access to TV, internet & visitors. There is also a common living room area.
- Multiple health professionals are at the facility 24/7 so patients feel safe.
Based on the results of your screening, a physician will meet with you to discuss next steps. Treatment options include:
- Vagal Nerve Stimulator
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Ketogenic Diet
Additional detailed testing may be recommended in an inpatient setting.